How to Choose Led Lighting Driver Accurately (Part 2)
Jul. 22, 2020
Input voltage range
The global lighting network, except for special applications, is basically supplied by the local power grid. Although the global power grid is basically AC power, the global power grid voltage is not uniform due to technical reasons or related factors such as geography and history.
For example, our country is a single-phase 220V AC power grid. Most countries in Europe also use a single-phase 220V standard. Of course there are 230V, 240V, etc. The common AC power grid in Japan is single-phase 100V AC, and the United States uses single-phase 120V, 240V. Not waiting.
Variety of grid voltage standards have brought a lot of trouble to the selection of LED lighting drivers. How can we meet the requirements and reasonably control the cost?
First of all, from technical considerations, it is completely possible to design LED drivers that not only meet the needs of low-voltage power grids, but also meet the needs of high-voltage power grids. For example, Letu Technology's FX series, UK series and other products have an input voltage range of 100-240V, which basically meets the standards of various lighting grids around the world, and there is no need to worry about voltage mismatch.
Secondly, with the increasingly fierce competition of small and medium-power LED lighting, major LED lighting manufacturers are trying their best to control costs. In some lighting markets with clear grid applications, manufacturers will choose to narrow the input voltage range of LED drivers to control material costs as much as possible.
Bare board? Or with shell?
The core of custom LED driver China includes high-frequency magnetic devices, semiconductor devices and integrated circuits, resistance-capacitance, safety devices, circuit boards, etc. According to different application fields, LED driver manufacturers can provide bare-board LED drivers. The LED driver with a case can also be provided. Among them, bare-board drivers are generally built-in installations, and most of them involve design issues such as the matching of the driver and the internal structure of the LED lamp. Therefore, this type of driver is generally custom developed.
Constant Voltage Power Driver
High P or Low P?
Here P is PF, short for Power Factor, which is an important indicator for evaluating the impact of LED drivers on the AC power grid and the power quality pollution of the power grid. The pros and cons are evaluated with a value between 0 and 1. The smaller the value, the smaller the PF value, commonly known as low P; the larger the value, the greater the PF value, commonly known as high P.
When we choose the LED driver model, simply remember the following points:
1) The higher the PF value, the smaller the impact and pollution of the constant voltage power driver on the AC grid, and vice versa;
2) National standards have corresponding requirements for PF, but LED lighting with power less than 25W is not required. Therefore, in the field of LED lighting for applications less than 25W, LED drivers can choose low-P;
3) The cost of drives with high P is generally higher than that with low P;
4) In general, high P products should have a PF value of 0.95 and above at full load. Otherwise, they will have relatively average or even poor performance. All Letu Technology high P products meet PF greater than 0.95. Everyone Can be used with confidence;
5) For low-P products, the PF value can generally reach about 0.4~0.5. If it is lower than this number, it is necessary to consider whether the product is damaged or is a serious design defect.
الصفحة السابقة: What Is An Led Driver?
الصفحة القادمة: How to Choose Led Lighting Driver Accurately (Part 1)